Ingomar Church volunteers have been serving meals in the Northside at Daily Bread for over 30 years. It is a way to provide support to those in need in our community by providing a hot meal, friendship, and prayer. For the past 4 years, with the help of the Missions Outreach Committee and our church members, we have provided adult & children gift bags, cookies, and a special meal at the last Daily Bread time before Christmas.
This year we will be serving on Christmas Eve
We know this is a busy day, especially being a Sunday, but we would like to take 15-20 volunteers to help serve, visit with people, and help us to make this a festive occasion. We would love for someone to join us with a keyboard to play Christmas music!
Christmas is a very hard time for the people we serve! We want to make them feel the love of Christ and the love of Ingomar Church. At least 60% of the people we serve are homeless. The others live in low-income housing, homes without utilities and deal with food insecurity. We need your help to make this a special day for them!
Here are ways you can help:
We are taking gift bags again this year for 150 people.
- Purchase items for gift bags. We have set up a registry on Amazon, Northside Christmas Gift Bags 2023. You can purchase items for the bags from the list and have them sent to the church by December 13. We will assemble the gift bags the week before Christmas.
- Bake and donate cookies. Please put them in a plastic container marked for Daily Bread with the quantity included. Cookies can be placed in the freezers in the Fellowship Hall Kitchen or dropped off at the church office.
- Donate Christmas Cards signed ‘Merry Christmas! Your friends at Ingomar Church”
- Volunteer to help serve on the 24th. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old.
Thank you so much for helping with gift bags for our friends in the Northside! These bags will be a nice treat to supplement the meal we will be serving.
- Warm Socks
- Lotion (these people spend a lot of time in the cold & their hands get chapped)
- Hand Wipe packages (non-alcohol that is gentle on chapped hands)
- Hand Warmers
- Snack size bag of chips
- Snack size package of cookies
- Candy Bar
- Playing Cards
- Small note pad & pen
- Christmas Card
All deliveries need to be sent to the church by December 13th. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please email Paula Dahm at [email protected] or call 412-999-4242.