Ingomar Church volunteers have been serving meals in the Northside at Daily Bread for over 25 years. We provide support to those in need in our community by providing a hot meal, friendship and prayer. For the past 2 years, with the help of the Missions Outreach Committee and our church members, we have provided adult & children gift bags, cookies and a special meal at the last Daily Bread time before Christmas. This year we will be serving on Thursday, December 23. We are excited that some of the COVID restrictions have been lifted and we will be able to have more volunteers join us in making this a festive occasion.
Christmas Eve is a very hard time for the people we serve! We want to make them feel the love of Christ and the love of Ingomar Church. We need your help to make this a special day for them!
Here are ways that you can help:
We are taking gift bags again this year for 150 people.
- We have set up a registry on Amazon, Northside Christmas Gift Bags. You can purchase items for the bags from the list and have them sent to the church. We will assemble the gift bags the week before Christmas.
- Bake and donate cookies. Please put them in a plastic container marked for Daily Bread with the quantity included. Cookies can be placed in the freezers in the Fellowship Hall Kitchen or dropped off at the church office.
- Donate Christmas Cards signed ‘Merry Christmas! Your friends at Ingomar Church”
Thank you so much for helping with gift bags for our friends in the Northside! The people we serve are homeless, living in homes without utilities and/or trying to make ends meet on a very limited income. These bags will be a nice treat to supplement the meal we will be serving.
Items from Amazon that will be included in each gift bags:
- Snack size bag of chips
- Snack size package of cookies
- Candy Bar
- Hand Sanitizer (pocket size – 2 oz)
- Hand Warmers
- Warm Socks
- Christmas Card
All deliveries need to be sent to the church by December 15. If you have any questions, please email Paula Dahm at [email protected] or call 412-999-4242.