North Hills Community Outreach (NHCO) is committed to providing access to all of our services to those affected by COVID-19. Right now they are supplying emergency food, as it is an immediate need. Very soon many people in distress will need their other services, including utility assistance, transportation assistance, employment services and more.
Even though their offices are closed, they are still very busy helping people in our community. Many of their clients are going without a paycheck. Some are vulnerable senior citizens who cannot leave their homes. Volunteers are calling seniors who live alone, ensuring they’re safe and their needs are met during the COVID-19 crisis. Needs can include food, medicine and other essentials. If they need anything, NHCO will arrange a way to get those goods or services to them. This is one of the ways they connect with seniors in our community to make sure they live healthy and safe with dignity at home.
North Hills Community Outreach is still operating its three food pantries, giving much needed food to people struggling during the crisis. Some locations are serving twice the number of people.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Donate to this ministry using IConnect, Give+, or text an amount to 412-504-7798 using the code “NHCO” or visit the North Hills Community Outreach website.
- Drop off items in the box labeled ‘Food Bank’located outside the Ingomar Church Community Life Center Building–Entrance A
- Purchase Giant Eagle Cards by mailing a check in $25 increments to the church office. Cards purchased will be delivered to North Hills Community Outreach.
- Purchase items online and have them shipped directly to NHCO.
- Drop donations off at NHCO.
They are accepting donations:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
NHCO Main office
1975 Ferguson Road
Allison Park, PA 15101
Urgently needed items:
- Plastic, paper and re-usable grocery bags
- Snacks such as granola bars, nutrigrain bars, and crackers
- Fruit juice
- Canned mixed fruit (cocktail), peaches, pears, mandarin oranges
- Canned carrots, potatoes, baked beans
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Side dishes such as rice-a-roni and instant mashed potatoes
- Hamburger/tuna/chicken helper boxes
- Also needed:
- Toilet paper
- Gallon ziplock bags
- Paper towels