Keep Calm and Trust Him
November 3 and 10, 2019
I. Flash flood warnings have been common lately.
A. Always dangerous
B. Water can rise rapidly and catch you completely by surprise
C. In today’s Bible reading we have the story of Jesus and the disciples on the Sea of Galilee.
- Very prone to sudden and severe storms and on this occasion, they got one
- Most of these were fishermen, yet they were terrified
- Alerted to their fears, Jesus commands the wind and waves – “Be still” and it was!
D. Jesus then asks them, “Why are you so afraid? Don’t you have any faith?”
- The disciples were afraid precisely because they lacked faith – true for us as well
- And they marveled at what they had just seen, asking, “Who is this? Even the wind and waves obey him.”
- Today we will look at who this is that can make a difference for us.