Many ways you can help others have a Merry Christmas!
Once again, Ingomar Church is providing Christmas gifts for the children of Bethany House Academy in Northview Heights. We will be accepting $20 child sponsor donations in the Auxiliary Narthex on December 8, 15 and 22, to buy gifts for 60 children. “Elves” from the church use the funds to purchase an age-appropriate and comparable gift for each child. Volunteers distribute the gifts at Bethany House Academy during Christmas week.
Christmas Eve in the Northside
Our Daily Bread (Soup Kitchen) volunteer team serves lunch in the Northside on Christmas Eve. We make a special meal that includes decorated Christmas Cookies. We would like to take treat bags for the approximately 125 people we serve. The treat bags are to be gender neutral and fairly simple so they can be easily carried. The facility coordinator has suggested a list of items. If you would like to help, please pick up your bag(s), ties, ribbon and a list in the Auxiliary Narthex. Return the filled bags by December 15. This is a great family mission activity to help the homeless and needy in our area!
Look for the Angel Tree sponsored by the Mission Outreach Committee in the lobby area near Entrance #3 (1500 W. Ingomar Road). Collected items are given to local agencies such as HEARTH, Bethany House, North Hills Community Outreach and clients at Daily Bread (Northside Soup Kitchen). We deliver appropriate items to the Northside on Christmas Eve – items including mittens, hats, and scarves for all ages, men’s t-shirts, men’s & women’s socks, toiletries and school supplies are welcomed. There is also an opportunity to donate toward heating and energy bills for people in the North Hills struggling to pay for heat and power.
Special Life-Changing Gifts
Do you need a great gift for someone or a family who has everything? Consider giving the gift of education, an animal or water in their honor! Here are 4 agencies that can help:
- Ingomar Living Waters, gift of water, contact Catherine Baker at 412-952-7002 or [email protected]
- Rainbow Christian Missions, gift of education, food or medical care, [*see sample gifts below], contact Ruth Dietz at 412-848-6772 or [email protected]
- World Vision, gift catalog available that includes animals, education and water, worldvisiongifts.org
- Heifer International, gift catalog available that includes animals and water, heifer.org/catalog
If you have questions, please email Paula Dahm at [email protected] or call 412-999-4242.
*Rainbow Christian Missions Christmas Gift Options
Gifts can always be made to RCM in honor (or in memory) of anyone:
- To enable a child to go to school for a whole year: Primary school through 8th grade is $204 per year.
- High school tuition for grades 9-12 is $504.
- To provide a clean water well for a school or community, directly thru RCM, including naming the Well in someone’s honor, $3,500. (And RCM maintains all its Wells).
- To provide a mattress, blanket, & sheets is $50 (most children and even many adults sleep on a hard dirt floor).
- To provide a family with a sack of maize for one month is $35. Maize is the staple food.
- To provide life-giving hospitalization / medical care is $100.