Led by Margie Martinelli, Wellness Ministry Coordinator, the Wellness Ministry of Ingomar Church supports, educates, and encourages the congregation and community through Christ-centered programming and activities to promote physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional care and well-being.
- Monthly blood pressure screenings (2nd Sunday of every month after services)
- Grief support groups—call for dates/times
- Memorial Walk- Annual walk to celebrate lives of deceased loved ones (in May)
- Blue Christmas Service (1st Wed in Dec.) A service intended to comfort anyone not feeling joyous at the holidays, suffering loss of health, job, relationship, or the death of a loved one
- Various programs throughout the year based on interest/need
- Hospital and home visits to church and community members in need of resources, help, advocacy
Following is supplementary information to the article published in the September 2016 News Brief.
We all need to keep our memory sharp. Studies have shown that over the summer kids forget a portion of what they learned in school. Schools are giving students more summer homework to help retain more of what they learned. Keeping the brain stimulated is important to memory and there are many ways to do that. Read more …